When I get home from work even a crowbar wouldn’t get me back into the cold and the congestion. If you are poor like me, then your entertainment options at night are limited. Luckily the library provides a number of solutions for getting through those dark and cold nights.
- Cook a decadent recipe from Donna Hay’s cooking eMagazines then look at the latest fashion in Vogue and feel bad about yourself with Zinio for Libraries;
- Learn photoshop with Lynda.com to hide the consequences of comfort eating;
- Download an eBook romance from Askews and steam up windows already wet with condensation;
- Learn to speak Scottish Gaelic with Mango just in case that Scottish laird with a broken heart and rough ways does ever find you;
- Indulge in some aural escapism in the form of Music Online and escape your families pleas for attention;
- Start figuring out where it all went wrong with downloadable self improvement eAudiobooks with OverDrive then laugh away with recordings of Dad’s Army and Blackadder;
- Read all the latest eNewspapers online with PressDisplay to remind yourself it could all be a lot worse!
Libraries are open online 24/7 for your research and recreational needs. Check out our eResources. On some levels we never shut. Which is good because just how many variations on cooking shows on TV can one person stomach?