Curragh Cottage, Ferrymead Heritage Park, 3 April 2010: Picturing Canterbury

Curragh Cottage, Ferrymead Heritage Park, 3 April 2010. Kete Christchurch. Ferrymead_Heritage_Park__3_April_2010__IMG_7194. Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 New Zealand License.

Curragh Cottage, Ferrymead Heritage Park.

Originally erected at 104 Holly Road and relocated to Ferrymead Heritage Park in 1972.

Photograph taken 3 April 2010.

Kete Christchurch is a collection of photographs and stories about Christchurch and Canterbury, past and present. Anyone can join and contribute.

Do you have any further photographs of Curragh Cottage? If so, feel free to contribute to our collection.

St Albans Croquet Club, ca 1936: Picturing Canterbury

St Albans Croquet Club.
Original file name: BGu-2012-PH-071a.jpg. Kete Christchurch. Entry in the 2012 Christchurch City Libraries Photo Hunt. CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 NZ.

The Canterbury Croquet Association was formed on 3 August 1910, the first in New Zealand.   This is one of only two images we have of croquet in Kete Christchurch – we would welcome more.

Kete Christchurch is a collection of photographs and stories about Christchurch and Canterbury, past and present. Anyone can join and contribute.