Christchurch City Libraries blog hosts a series of regular podcasts from specialist human rights radio show Speak up – Kōrerotia. This show is created by Sally Carlton.
For the second year in a row, Speak Up-Kōrerotia has partnered with CPAG (Child Poverty Action Group) to record a show about child poverty and the Budget. As the first Budget of the new Labour/New Zealand First/Greens coalition, it was expected that the 2018 Budget would see an increase in spending in key areas such as housing and education – but what do the experts say about it?
Speakers were recorded at the Christchurch post-Budget Breakfast MCed by Jane Higgins.
- Paul Dalziel talked about economy and child poverty
- Lucy Daeth talked about wellbeing, the All right? campaign, and Christopher Robin
- Christina McKerchar talked about children and healthy and junk food
Transcript – Child poverty and Budget 2018
Mentioned in this podcast
- Living wage
- Te Pae Mahutonga (Māori health model by Mason Durie)
- Pack of Tiny Adventures
- Kids Cam – Diet Interventions: Evidence and Translation
Find out more in our collection
- Find titles about Budget – Social Aspects – New Zealand
- Find titles about New Zealand economic policy
- Find titles about Child welfare – Government Policy – New Zealand
- Find articles child poverty in New Zealand (access with your library card & password / PIN)
More about Speak up – Kōrerotia
- Speak up – Kōrerotia on Facebook
- Contact the host of the show via firstname.lastname@example.org.