The WORD Autumn Season, which runs from 14 to 17 May, features:
- Bestselling Scottish crime novelist Ian Rankin;
- Man Booker Prize-winning Irish novelist Anne Enright;
- Highly-respected British historian and biographer A. N. Wilson, author of The Victorians;
- Science writer James Gleick exploring the mysteries of time travel;
- Novelist and Kiwi expat Stella Duffy, who is currently completing Ngaio Marsh’s unfinished novel Money in the Morgue;
- Canadian storyteller Ivan Coyote, who was the breakout star of last year’s popular WORD Christchurch Writers and Readers Festival.
WORD Christchurch’s programme director Rachael King says:
The audience for our last festival increased by 50% on the previous festival, showing there is a real appetite for these thought-provoking events in Christchurch. We are thrilled to collaborate with the Auckland Writers Festival to be able to bring such high-calibre speakers to the city.
What should you do now?
- Have a good look at the programme of events on the WORD Christchurch website.
- Get your tickets now. If you buy tickets by 21 April, you do in the draw to win a 10-session pass to the Auckland Writers Festival, which runs 16 to 21 May.
Another great option is the Autumn Season Pass – it costs $90 plus $3 booking fee and gets you into all six events. All season pass holders automatically also go in the draw to win books from all six writers, courtesy of UBS.
- Get reading these six writers – visit our page WORD Autumn Season and find their books in our collection. Or go to your local bookshop.
See you at the WORD Autumn season!