Christchurch City Libraries blog hosts a series of regular podcasts from New Zealand’s only specialist human rights radio show Speak up – Kōrerotia. This show is created by Sally Carlton.
This episode discusses urban food initiatives in Christchurch and issues such as –
- Environmental and social sustainability of urban food projects
- What defines ‘foraging’
- Connections between ecological and political systems and health
- The growth in urban food practices
- Food justice
- Urban food activities during FESTA
The panel for this show includes host Sally Carlton, Peter Langlands from Wild Capture – wild foods and foraging – NZ, Bailey Peryman from Cultivate Christchurch, and Chloe Waretini from Ōtākaro Orchard and Food Resilience Network discussing urban food activities and the overarching concept of food justice.
Find out more with our resources
- Read our post about FESTA 2016
- Find titles about wild edible plants and those in New Zealand
- Find titles about self reliant living
- Find titles about urban gardening
- Find articles about the food justice movement (access with your library card & password / PIN)
- Find articles about sustainability and urban food systems (access with your library card & password / PIN)