Christchurch City Libraries blog hosts a series of regular podcasts from New Zealand’s only specialist human rights radio show Speak up – Kōrerotia. This show is created by Sally Carlton.
The latest episode deals with overcoming addiction and covers topics such as:
- What is addiction?
- Why can’t people stop? – chemicals in the brain
- Impact on family
- Barriers to overcoming addiction
This show includes discussion with Doug Sellman, Director of the University of Otago’s National Addiction Centre, mental health and addiction advocate Damian Holt and recovering alcoholic Marg Browne, and co-host Mallory Quail.
Find out more in our collection
- Find titles about addiction and compulsive behaviour
- Find titles about addiction treatment and rehabilitation
- Streaming video about addiction treatment and rehabilitation
- Find articles about addiction and the brain (access with your library card & password / PIN)
More about Speak up – Kōrerotia
- Our page on Speak up – Kōrerotia
- Speak up – Kōrerotia on Facebook
- Contact the host of the show via firstname.lastname@example.org.