I have recently been asked about information on nutrition for young athletes. It would seem that a good breakfast and lunch is not enough. Maybe it’s the Olympics? How do you grow a champion?
Side by side with good nutrition for young athletes is the issue of sports injuries, and many a promising athlete or sports person has ended up sidelined because of overtraining and/or bad coaching plus the aforementioned good nutritional advice. Thankfully there is now more literature available on how to avoid these pitfalls and sustain a child or young adult through training and success.
- Parenting young athletes : developing champions in sports and life
- Concussions and our kids : America’s leading expert on how to protect young athletes and keep sports safe
- Eat to compete for young athletes : fuel for active kids and future champions
- Sports Nutrition Needs for Child and Adolescent Athletes
- Feed the Young Athlete: Sports Nutrition Made Easy for Players, Parents and Coaches
- Best Practice for Youth Sport