Christchurch kids, you can win the chance to interview Andy Griffiths and share a VIP afternoon tea in town with him – as well as two tickets to see his show – thanks to WORD Christchurch and Macmillan!
Have you read all of Andy Griffiths’ books? Do you know all the floors in the 78-storey Treehouse? Have you read The Bad Book over and over? If you answered yes to all these questions we have the most amazing chance for you!
Andy Griffiths, the author of the Treehouse series, the ‘Just’ series and The Bad Book, is coming to Christchurch on Friday 16 September for a special presentation by WORD Christchurch. Andy is going to be talking at a SOLD OUT session on the Friday night, as well as a morning session at Te Hāpua: Halswell Centre on Saturday 17 September.
But wait, there’s more! You can win the chance to interview Andy Griffiths while having a VIP afternoon tea with him. All you have to do is email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us the one question that you would ask Andy if you had the chance to interview him. Make sure to include your name, phone number and address so that we can contact you if you win.
This prize includes afternoon tea with Andy Griffiths for you and a caregiver at 3:30pm on Friday 16 September, and tickets for two to his show at Te Hāpua: Halswell Centre on Saturday 17 September.
Competition closed Wednesday 7 September. The winner was Jorja.
Thanks to publishers Macmillan and WORD Christchurch for bringing Andy to town! The WORD Christchurch Writers and Readers Festival kicks off today (Wednesday 24 August) and includes cool events for the whole whānau.
Terms and conditions
- To enter this competition you must be between 8 and 13 years old and live in Christchurch. We may ask for proof of your address and your age.
- If you are a winner, you consent to your name, photograph, entry and/or interview being used for reasonable publicity purposes by Christchurch City Libraries.
- The winner must be available to come to the afternoon tea at 3:30pm on Friday 16 September.
- The winner must bring a caregiver to the afternoon tea with Andy Griffiths.
- Staff of Christchurch City Libraries and their immediate families are not able to enter.
- The competition ends on Wednesday 7 September at 6pm.
- We will notify the winner by telephone and/or email on Friday 9 September.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes are as stated and are not transferable.