If you are looking for something for the family to do next week, do I have news for you! The annual funfest that is the Storylines Christchurch Free Family Day is on Sunday 28 August at Upper Riccarton Library between 10am and 3pm. Find out all the cool stuff on offer by viewing the full programme [220KB PDF] and:
- Like the Storylines Christchurch Free Family Day on Facebook.
- Subscribe to the Storylines Christchurch Family Day event on Facebook.
- Visit the Storylines Christchurch Family Day website.
There are plenty of workshops, events, and competitions including:
- *Lily Max* Satin Scissors Frock Arts and Crafts (ages 7 to 12)
- Tyre Repair at the Library! (teens and adults)
- Writers’ Workshop: Designing Characters
- Kapa Haka (All ages)
- Face Painters Galore (All ages)
- Treasure Hunt (All ages)
This year’s Storylines Christchurch Family Day will feature a special performance at 2pm by the TKKM o Te Whanau Tahi immersion school Kapa Haka group. They will bring the book He Taniwha i Te Kura to life – te reo Māori – as part of the Books Alive programme. This book by Tim Tipene is about how to overcome classroom bullying.
Great New Zealand authors, illustrators and performers will be there, including:
And waaaay more. Get in amongst it!