Each week during term time (except the first and last week) the team from Science Alive bring their Science Snippets sessions into our libraries. Excellent Science Alive educators lead children through interactive activities to stimulate their interest in science, and there is something to take home every week!
There is a different theme for each session and this coming week from Monday 27 June it’s Breathe Easy.
You are sure to learn all about breathing, your lungs and asthma.
Here are some great nonfiction books that we have in the library if you want to learn more about breathing:
- How I Breathe by Mandy Suhr
- What Happens When You Breathe by Jacqui Bailey
- Take a Deep Breathe by Anita Ganeri
- Inside the Lungs by Karin Halvorson
- Explaining Asthma by Angela Royston
- Asthma by Jillian Powell
- Search the catalogue for Respiration – Children’s Nonfiction
- Search the catalogue for Asthma – Children’s Nonfiction
I couldn’t find any stories about breathing and asthma in our catalogue. There is this Into Reading book for beginner readers about a boy with asthma:
We also have some fantastic eResources with heaps of information about light. Check these out:
- Britannica Library Kids – a search for ‘breathing,’ ‘lungs’ and ‘asthma’ gives you information about the respiratory system and asthma, with different levels of information for different ages.
- World Book Kids – a search for ‘breathing,’ ‘lungs’ and ‘asthma’ gives you information about the respiratory system and asthma, along with some suggestions for other topics you might like to look at for more information.
For more information about Science Alive’s Science Snippets check out Science Alive on our website.