Flash fiction is an experimental literary form that links together many traditional forms of narrative while also pushing on boundaries of poetry and dialogue. Here’s a chance to enjoy and celebrate it! The National Flash Fiction Day (NFFD) Christchurch event, Flash in the Pan, will be held at Space Academy, 371 St Asaph Street on Wednesday 22 June 2016 from 6 to 8pm. All welcome. NFFD events are occuring simultaneously in Auckland and Wellington.
- National Flash Fiction Day NZ website
- National Flash Fiction Day on Facebook
- Subscribe to the National Flash Fiction Day Christchurch Facebook event
James Norcliffe is one of the judges and he’ll announce the 2016 winners. The 2015 NFFD first and third place winner, Frankie McMillan will also be present, along with other writers. The compere is literary reviewer and PlainsFM Bookenz co-host Morrin Rout.
Canterbury is well-represented. 7 of the 10 writers on the 2016 short list for the NFFD writing competition are Christchurch-based!
More Flash Fiction
- Read The flash fiction online journal Flash Frontier: An Adventure in Short Fiction
- Read Stories in your pocket: how to write flash fiction David Gaffney, The Guardian (includes 6 great tips)
- Find Flash Fiction in our catalogue
- Find Short Short Stories in our catalogue