Each week during term time (except the first and last week) the team from Science Alive bring their Science Snippets sessions into our libraries. Excellent Science Alive educators lead children through interactive activities to stimulate their interest in science, and there is something to take home every week! There is a different theme for each session and this coming week from Monday 6 June it’s Fizzy Foamers.
You are sure to learn all about chemical reactions and do some fun experiments with bath bombs. Here are some great nonfiction books that we have in the library if you want to learn more about chemical reactions:
- Chemical Reactions by N. Saunders
- Facts at Your Fingertips: Chemical Reactions (eBook)
- Horrible Science: Chemical Chaos by Nick Arnold
- Edible Science: Experiments You Can Eat by Jodi Wheeler-Toppen
- Cool Chemistry Activities for Girls by Jodi Wheeler-Toppen
- For more nonfiction about chemical reactions search the catalogue for Chemical Reactions — Children’s Nonfiction.
For some interesting stories about chemistry check out our page on children’s science picture books.
We also have some fantastic eResources with some information about chemistry:
- Britannica Library Kids– a search for ‘chemical reactions’ returned no results but a search for ‘chemistry’ gives you information about chemistry and chemicals, with different levels of information for different ages.
For more information about Science Alive’s Science Snippets check out Science Alive on our website.