Our 2016 Year of the Monkey celebrations at Christchurch City Libraries are underway! There are fun activities for the Chinese New Year, including:
- Library scavenger hunt – quizzes, Chinese Zodiac Challenge and lantern riddles: simple quizzes to get to know your library, make a quest on the Chinese Zodiac, solve the Chinese lantern riddles to get your brain exercised.
- Chinese New Year Colouring in: great for adults and kids.
- A display on researching Chinese family history in New Zealand – interesting historical photos, articles from family history databases, research done by library family history expert – looking into the life of early Chinese settlers in New Zealand.
- Bilingual storytelling: bilingual stories from library staff on Chinese New Year, learn simple Mandarin and get your body moving.
- Family Fun Day
- Te Hāpua: Halswell Centre Saturday 13 February
- Upper Riccarton Library Saturday 20 February
Technology taster – 3D printing, 3D pen to make your own creation;
Shadow puppet show – taste this wonderful Chinese tradition and get to know the Monkey King from the famous Chinese novel “Journey To The West”;
Quiver – bring your colouring alive;
Craft – make your own lanterns