Some of my favourite stories are ones that creep me out and send a chill down my spine. When I was a kid there weren’t many authors who wrote horror stories or ghost stories. R.L. Stine’s books were about the creepiest I could find and he’s still writing them today. If you look up R.L. Stine in the library catalogue, you’ll find we have 182 of his books (in paper book, eBook and audiobook format) in the library!
If you like horror stories, ghost stories or stories about the supernatural there are now lots of authors who write these stories. Some of my favourite seriously scary authors are:
- Derek Landy – Skulduggery Pleasant
- Joseph Delaney – The Spook’s Apprentice
- Barry Hutchison – Invisible Fiends
- Will Hill – Department 19
- Darren Shan – Saga of Darren Shan and Demonata
- Neil Gaiman – Coraline
- Tommy Donbavand – Scream Street
- Emerald Fennell – Shiverton Hall
- Jonathan Stroud – Lockwood and Co.
- Chris Priestley – Tales of Terror
- Jack Heath – Scream
You could also try these searches in the library catalogue:
Grab a book by one of these authors and scare yourself silly!
More Halloween stuff
Check out our page on Halloween crafts, costumes, and trick-or-treating.
Come and join in the Halloween fun at South Library from 11am to 3pm on Saturday 31 October. Free activities including Story time with a Halloween theme, craft, treasure hunt and more. Suitable for families with children aged from 2 to 10.