Papanui Library is closing at 6pm Tuesday 11 August 2015. It will be closed for two months for earthquake repairs, with a scheduled reopening date of Monday 12 October. We are sorry that this will inconvenience those of you who use this busy library by Northlands Mall.
Here’s some of the things you might need to know:
- Papanui Customer Service Desk, located in the same building at the corner of Restell Street and Langdons Road, will remain open throughout the library’s closure and keep its usual hours, 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. It will operate temporarily from the rear of the building.
- Repairs include strengthening work, removing and replacing the ceiling grid and lighting, replacing insulation and ceiling panels, as well as window, wall panel and entrance foyer repairs.
- Customers won’t be able to return items to Papanui Library throughout the closure, but items from Papanui Library can be returned to any library in the Christchurch City Libraries network. The nearest large library is Fendalton Library on the corner of Clyde Road and Jeffreys Road.
- Reserved items will be made available at Fendalton Library unless otherwise requested.
- Papanui Library’s toilets and wifi will be unavailable throughout the entire period of the closure.
For more information, read the following, or contact us: