As winter drags on and we long for warm sunny days at the beach and outdoor entertaining around the bbq, consider this:
- mulled wine or hot chocolate by the fireside
- hosting a mid-winter Christmas do
- piping hot stew and dumplings
- cheesy muffins with tasty hot soup
- visiting the local hot springs
- ice skating, snowboarding or skiing
- tucking in the warmth of your home with a good book
- taking a trip to the snow to toboggan down the hillsides
- hosting a card evening
- inviting friends to a potluck dinner at your place
- getting lost for an hour or two exploring the digital library
- discovering your family history at our libraries
Check our catalogue for new winter cooking recipes from our books, DVDs, eBooks or magazines to help you create something to impress your family or friends and take your mind off the winter blues. Borrow a book on visiting one of our mountain resorts or ski areas. We also have books about various card games the whole family may enjoy.
Try a few of these ideas and before you know it Daffodil Day will be here and then the beautiful blossom will be sprouting on to the trees looking like popcorn and indicating that summer is on its way.
Great minds……just put a steamed pudding on to boil and steam. 😉