“I intend, before the endgame looms, to die sitting in a chair in my own garden with a glass of brandy in my hand and Thomas Tallis on the iPod, the latter because Thomas’s music could lift even an atheist a little bit closer to Heaven.
Oh, and since this is England, I had better add, ‘If wet, in the library.’
I searched the catalogue, and found 189 things with him listed as author (he wrote more than 70 novels). And had a laugh at one of his famed creations – The Librarian, a wizard turned orang-utang “the only librarian who can rip off your arm with his leg.”
Haere ra Terry Pratchett, a great and magical writer, a great and magical human being.
It’s useful to go out of this world and see it from the perspective of another one.
- Terry Pratchett, Discworld series author, dies aged 66 The Guardian
- Obituary: Sir Terry Pratchett BBC
- Terry Pratchett: his 10 best Discworld characters The Telegraph
- The Daily Pratchett on Twitter: Daily quotes from the Discworld novels by Terry Pratchett.
- Samuel Vimes, you’re my hero! a 2011 post by Bronwyn