The first thing that popped into my head when I played with this electronic resource is a song by the Clash – I fought the law and the law won… Having had a good play with LexisNexis – New Zealand Law I can understand why. The law is very serious and complicated and despite being in English seems to meander off into strange verbal territory. Like all good public libraries we provide the tools to help everyone to participate in our hallowed democracy.
With LexisNexis – New Zealand Law you can search the below resources:
- Becroft and Hall’s Transport Law: are U turns ever a good idea?;
- Laws of New Zealand: what you can and can’t get away with;
- New Zealand Forms and Precedents: designed to provide a justification for every silly thing you have every done;
- New Zealand Law Journal: lawyers talk;
- Personal Grievances: a practical guide for employees and employers having a barney;
- Privacy Law and Practice: why you don’t take naughty pictures of yourself;
- New Zealand Resource Management Appeals: find out why a bloody big Bunnings is now blocking your driveway;
- Wills and Succession: how to exclude your godawful children and give all your worldly goods to your dog .
This electronic resource can only be accessed in libraries due to licence restrictions. Have a look today so you know what to do if they come for you.
Please note: Material contained in this law resource much like information in our health resources – it is intended for informational purposes only and not to replace professional advice.