Rosetta Allan – poet and novelist
Oh there are too many to list, but I’ll give it a try:
- Meg Wolitzer
- Anis Mojgani
- The students from the Hagley Writer’s Institute
- NoViolet Bulawayo
- Lloyd Jones & co on the panel of The tough stuff
- Of course Diane Setterfield and Coral Atkinson in our session Beyond the Veil: Historical Ghost Stories, Sunday afternoon
and that’s just a handful of the artists I want to see.
I am going to be a busy, and very happy festival attendee.
What do you think about libraries?
I walk in and out of my local Mt Albert library at least twice a week.
Every time I notice a few things:
- The happy staff – and wish I could have their job.
- The high occupancy of most available seats, by a multi cultured and age varied populace busy reading or tapping on keyboards.
- That lovely shelf that has a selection of books waiting just for me, and the person next in alphabetical line to mine, who must be retired because she reads a LOT of books.
- How lucky I feel to be able to access so many amazing books and documentaries from such a happy place, all ordered online and delivered to my neighbourhood, and it’s all free!
Yes, I am particularly fond of libraries, for completely selfish reasons.
I have a rose tattoo.
My husband asked me to marry him two weeks after we met.
I said yes and he had a rose tattooed on his deltoid.
25 years later I had the same, but smaller, rose tattooed on my wrist.
It was my way of saying yes to the next 25 years together.