On a disc with the somewhat enigmatic title, Points in a Changing Circle, American-based New Zealander Grant Cooper and his group Concord Brass perform a group of works for acoustic and electronic instruments.
Lilburn’s Quartet for Brass Instruments is the first track in a disc that has some rewarding listening. Points in a Changing Circle features:
- Quartet for Brass Instruments by Douglas Lilburn
- Triptych for trumpet and electronic sounds by John Elmsly
- Sonata a 5 for Brass Quintet by John Rimmer
- Seaswell for trumpet and electronic sounds by John Rimmer
- Echo for trumpet with tape loop by Ross Harris
- Gestauqua for Brass Quintet and electronic tape by John Elmsly