The annual world famous in Christchurch Big Bargain Book Sale is on soon at the Pioneer Recreation & Sport Centre, 75 Lyttelton Street, Spreydon. Get these dates in your diary now!
Friday 21 March 2014 9am – 7pm
Saturday 22 March 2014 9am – 4pm
Some Book Sale facts and figures
- Christchurch City Libraries have run successful annual book sales for over 27 years.
- Most items for sale cost $3 ($1 for kids’ stuff). Some items have been priced at a higher value including some art books, New Zealand non-fiction and house and garden books.
- The wonderful Friends of the Library provide the majority of the staffing for the event.
- The Landscape Art Group will be exhibiting framed and unframed original paintings and drawings by local artists.
- More stock is put out progressively during the sale – so whatever time you come there should be plenty to look at.
- The first couple of hours are very busy – 400 people through the door in the first ten minutes last year!