The Kids blog has lots of good reading ideas.
If you want to get the kids into arts and crafts, we’ve got some useful book and links to try.
Our Learning Centres have programmes are aimed at children between the ages of five and 15 years.
For more ideas, we have a page that links you to a bunch of holiday programmes and activities. It lists the following organisations that run holiday programmes or events for kids:
- Airforce Museum Journey to the Centre of the Earth
- Christchurch Botanic Gardens Flora explorer’s discovery trail
- Christchurch Art Gallery Clay with me
- Canterbury Museum Brrrrrrrr! Ever wondered what it is like down in Antarctica? …
- Canterbury Children’s Theatre Slow runnings: A tortoise and hare story
- Riccarton Players The Pied Piper
- The Court Theatre Beauty and the beast
The CSO is putting on Mahy – a special tribute to Margaret Mahy “through the imaginative and engaging music of Christchurch composer Philip Norman and some of the author’s well-loved characters”.
- Search CINCH, our Community Information Christchurch database, for more Canterbury holiday programmes.
- For more events and activites, search Be There and Eventfinder.