Here are some titles that have been delighting me and my little reader.
Gorgeous illustrations, quirky stories, and loads of fun for both reader and readee. Enjoy!
Academic: Admission to undergraduate and postgraduate university or Institutions of Further Learning courses is based on the results of the academic test. It is used at CPIT, Lincoln University and the University of Canterbury.
General: Focuses on basic survival skills in broad social and workplace situations. It is typically for those who are going to English-speaking countries to do secondary education, work experience or training programs. People migrating to Australia, Canada and New Zealand must sit the General Training test.
This is where we want to help! Library customers with their library card number and PIN can access the electronic resource Road to IELTS from home or in local libraries which allows you to:
- Practice IELTS listening tasks under timed conditions;
- View videos of speaking tests, highlighting good practice;
- Develop techniques and vocabulary for writing tasks;
- Work on authentic texts for the reading test, simulating the real exam;
- Develop vocabulary in areas commonly used in the IELTS exam.
Even if you don’t intend to sit either of these exams it is still a great way to improve your English skills if you are not a native speaker. Have a play and uncover the secrets to correct English usage.