As a parent of a teenager, I feel like I age a good five years each time he does something out of order. Something has got to be done! Here are some resources I’ve come up with:
- Books on parenting teens.
- Anger management for teens and parents. Learn to relax and manage your stress.
- Tough Love. Local support and informative groups for parents concerned about their children’s unacceptable adolescent behaviour.
- Community groups who offer parenting advice in CINCH (Community INformation CHristchurch).
- Parenting links in our Internet Gateway for parents. Including this article on living with teenagers.
Most of all, talk to other parents of teens to get ideas and support, and good luck!