Christchurch City Libraries celebrates International Youth Day this year by looking at cool stuff for kids and teens.
Stuff for kids:
- Babytimes and Storytimes sessions
- Christchurch Kids Blog
- Te Whata Raki. Our cool new resource. Learn about some traditional stories, told through waiata, pictures and other web resources.
- Kids. Christchurch City Libraries kids page is a safe gateway to internet learning, homework resources, new titles and other fun stuff.
- The Source for kids. The Source is full of great resources for learning, fun and play. It’s free, and all you need is your library card and PIN. Great for indoor fun on rainy days.
Stuff for teens:
- The Pulse te auaha is our site for 13 to 18 year olds. It has information for school and life.
- International Youth day takes place on 12 August – explore our page on international human rights.
- Dr G is a service providing support and suggestions on health, sexual health and relationship issues, and it is run by some very clued up experts from Community and Public Health.
- Explore our 100 most popular items for teens 2011.
- The Source for teens includes: Opposing Viewpoints Access to a rich resource for perspectives on major contentious social, political, and technological issues. Encyclopedia Britannica student An online encyclopedia covering all branches of knowledge for older students and adults.
Explore some library stuff for kids activities