Kia ora. It’s NZ Music Month – why not go all Aotearoa with your music selection and listen to tunes in Te Reo? There are various versions of traditional waiata like Po karekare ana but also artists like Moana Maniapoto-Jackson who have composed new songs in Te Reo.
In a rather stunning variation, Whirimako Black Sings has Te Reo versions of standards like I loves you Porgy (Arohakau Porgy) and My funny Valentine (E taku tauaro).
- Search our catalogue for songs recorded in Māori
- Read our page on Māori music
- See our list of Iwi radio stations
And you can:
- Find out more about New Zealand music stuff
- Explore NZ Music Month events at Christchurch City Libraries
- Enter our NZ Music Month competition and go into the draw to win an iPod Nano.