Here’s Christchurch City Libraries’ top 100 items from last year for adults.
Factoids and observations:
- Road Code – number 1. Essential stuff.
- Wow – check out the number of James Patterson titles in the list (7?)
- Passion for Scandinavian crime is so not melting away
- Oldies like Wilbur Smith can still cut it with the new fellas
- Looks like people do want to know about Paul Henry, as his memoir What was I thinking is the top NZ book (after the Road Code) … but closely on its tail is The Conductor by Sarah Quigley
- About 15 out of the 100 are New Zealand books
Any observations or surprises?