The first part of the book covers the establishment of the city and is illustrated with some great photographs, many of them drawn from Christchurch City Libraries heritage collection. The rest of the book looks at the most loved places and aspects of Christchurch life, finishing up with a hopeful vision of the future city from a number of architects. Throughout are messages and thoughts from Cantabrians both famous and unknown.
The book has a wealth of fascinating images, including a coloured version of the famous Black map of 1856 which shows the natural features of Christchurch.
We have a copy of Christchurch dreaming from the lovely people at HarperCollins to give away to a lucky library member – it would make a great present. Just add a comment and link to your favourite image from Christchurch City Libraries.
Competition terms and conditions:
- To enter this competition you must live in Canterbury.
- If you are a winner, you consent to your name, photograph, entry and/or interview being used for reasonable publicity purposes by Christchurch City Libraries.
- Staff of Christchurch City Libraries and their immediate families are not able to enter.
- The competition ends on Friday 2 December at 5pm.
- We will announce the winner on Monday 5 December 2011.
- We will notify the winners by telephone and/or email.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.