With all this talk of folks wanting more cycleways and cycle lanes emerging as a theme on shareanidea, I figure it must mean that Christchurch folks love to get on bikes and ride.
My trusty steed is certainly reliable (a puncture or three notwithstanding given the current state of the roads), but perhaps not as elegant or funky as the bikes in I love my bike – although I think there’d be plenty of cool and stylish bikes throughout Canterbury to rival those featured in the book.
Here’s a selection of gorgeous new books on bikes :
- I love my bike
- Fixed : Global Fixed-gear Bike Culture
- Cyclepedia : a tour of iconic bicycle designs
- The cycling bible : The Complete Guide for All Cyclists from Novice to Expert
- It’s all about the bike : the pursuit of happiness on two wheels
- Build your own electric bicycle
- Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance
So whatever your biking style, as a regular weekend biker, a commuter cyclist or an avid hill climber, be inspired by these books and don’t forget to post your thoughts of a cycle-friendlier city on shareanidea.