Have you taken a look at our new library catalogue yet? I’ve spent quite a bit of time exploring BiblioCommons recently, and I think I like it… a lot. It’s the perfect place for opinionated people like me to go and be, well, opinionated. You can speak your mind about library materials you love or hate, agree or disagree with other people’s comments, tell everyone what (or what not to) read, watch or listen to, and much, much more.
During my adventures in BiblioCommons, I’ve come across lots of weird and wonderful lists other librarians and library users have made. Here is a collection of my favourites (of what I’ve seen so far):
- Now for something completely different – not your usual murder mysteries, thrillers and romances;
- If you think you don’t like Science Fiction…then maybe you should try one of these titles;
- Read like a grown-up – a book list for teens who love books;
- Learn how to cook like a celebrity;
- Get to know paranormal heroines that could beat me up;
- Be prepared to get goosebumps or laugh lines with these books about seekers, seers and other shenanigans;
- Find safety in numbers.
- If you like quirky indie films, Loose_Teeth has some recommendations for you;
- Have a glamorous night in with these sparkling black and white comedies;
- Avoid an awkward date by avoiding awkward movies;
- These swashbucklers on DVD give Johnny Depp a run for his money;
- Blimey! Here’s a few brilliant British detective shows when you want one;
- On a cold, wet weekend you can either play cops and robbers, or watch them.
- Find music suggestions for those times when you may lapse into a coma;
- A member of the Daniel Boone Regional Library offers aural enjoyment for the discerning gentleperson;
- Discover music essentials for the desert island (just make sure you have plenty of fully-charged coconut batteries lying around);
- If you’re a big fan of Modern Family like I am, you too will be wondering “What would Phil Dunphy listen to?”.
- Neil Gaiman could read the phone book and I’d listen – Bronnypop, this one’s for you;
- Just because you’re an adult doesn’t mean you’re too old to enjoy teen audiobooks;
- If you’ve ever wondered whether listening to science audiobooks will make you smarter, then you and DalysJ should talk;
- Improve your life on your way to work each day with these Commuter Specials or perhaps you’d prefer to listen to nails on a chalkboard…