Love learning about the world? These web resources will help you outsmart your classmates in your NCEA Geography assessments.
- We have a page of geography project resources;
- Set yourself up for success by checking you have all the information you need about NCEA Geography from NZQA;
- View and download digital copies of the topographic map series for the New Zealand mainland and Chatham Islands from Land Information New Zealand;
- Look at physical and political maps for everywhere else in the world with Atlapedia Online;
- The National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research (NIWA) has helpful information specifically for high school students;
- Learn about New Zealand’s flora and fauna, on the land and in the water, on the Department of Conservation (DOC) website;
- The BBC offers top quality information for geography students.
- Get a better understanding of the state of the planet and access articles, interactive media, images and more at the National Geographic website;
- Find out what the flag for Mongolia looks like – just in case you were wondering!
Don’t forget there are also useful general resources like World Book Web and Oxford Reference which are available online with your library card number and PIN. If you don’t have a PIN, ring the library on 941-7923 to arrange one.