Recovery assitance and welfare centers are now open all across the city. If you or anyone you know is in need of help or assistance, please pass this information on to them, or help them get to the closest centre.
The centres provide face-to-face service and are a ‘one-stop shop’ of government, local government and non-government organisations including Work and Income, Housing NZ, Christchurch City Council, Red Cross and quake and counselling support services.
The centres will be open 8.30am – 5pm weekdays and 9am – 4pm weekends at:
- Linwood Community Link, 154 Aldwins Road, Linwood
- Wainoni Aranui Family Centre, 31 Hampshire Street, Wainoni
- Parklands Baptist Church, 180 Queenspark Drive, Parklands
- St Faiths Hall, 46 Hawke Street, New Brighton
- Nga Hau e Wha Marae, 250 Pages Road, Aranui
- Shirley Rugby Club, 25 New Brighton Road, Shirley/Dallington
- Sydenham Community Centre, 23-25 Hutcheson Street, Sydenham
- Lyttelton Recreation Centre, 25 Winchester Street, Lyttelton
- Mount Pleasant Yacht Club, Main Rd, Mount Pleasant (by Ferrymead bridge)
- Old Boys Collegian Cricket Pavillion, Hagley Oval, South Hagley Park