Due to the Civil Defence state of emergency, please assume all Christchurch City Libraries are still closed. Please stay safe with your family and whanau.
We will let you know re-opening plans as soon as we can.
On a happier note, the organisers of The Press Christchurch Writers Festival met today and announced the Festival will take place this weekend. Please check their website for news and updates.
(Tuesday 7 September update – After last night’s aftershocks, the Festival has been cancelled).
Christchurch experienced a major earthquake 4.35am, Saturday 4 September 2010.
For further information and advice, try the following websites:
World Book Advanced has been upgraded to World Book Web . Features:
- Thousands of primary source documents, including first-person narratives.
- Research tools including Pathfinders, an interactive atlas that is integrated with Google Maps and a citation builder.
- Computer tutorials, How to tutorials and more.
World Book Online InfoFinder : an improved version of the former WorldBook Student.
- Multimedia collections, including World Book Explores video library, 40,000 encyclopedia articles and more than 10,000 biographies
- Research tools and guides and personalised My Research accounts
- Dynamic Interactive Earth feature
- Science projects for younger and older experimenters!
World Book Online for Kids is a general reference website developed for younger library patrons. Features:
- A Biography Center and interactive maps and flags.
- Easy-to-read articles, fascinating images and auto-correction tools to help with spelling
- Educational games and activities
- Science projects of varying degrees of complexity and duration
You can access World Book and many other useful electronic resources from home with your library card number and PIN, or at our community libraries.