July 14 is Bastille Day, France’s National Day. Here are some Revolutionary stuff at your library:
- The catalogue search du jour is French revolution.
- A Tale of Two Cities – Charles Dickens
- Jacques-Louis David’s famous painting of Marat in the bath.
- Les Miserables – the book by Victor Hugo, the musical, can you hear the people sing the song of angry men? Yes we can, at every talent show or episode of Glee, there is Les Mis.
- For a different perspective, try Queen of fashion : what Marie Antoinette wore to the Revolution by Caroline Weber. Oh and Sofia Coppola’s movie Marie Antoinette.
What says Vive la Revolution to you?