Some Easter things which aren’t bunnies, eggs or chocolate:
- Easter Parade – an Irving Berlin musical starring Judy Garland.
- Easter Rising – 1916 insurrection in Ireland.
- Easter Island – famous for its large headed statues, called Easter Island by its first European visitor who arrived on Easter Sunday
Jesus at Easter:
- The Shroud of Turin – cloth that may have wrapped the body of Christ. In the news again as 3D imaging has been done in an attempt to identify the face.
- Scary Crucifixion art – before there were horror movies like Saw, there were paintings by the likes of Grunewald to frighten folk silly.
- Novels about Jesus. Some interesting fiction on Jesus’s life has been done by characters as diverse as Robert Graves (King Jesus) and pre-Twilight Queen of the Vampires Anne Rice.
- Passion music – classical music on the theme of Christ’s passion.
- Jesus Christ Superstar is a rock opera musical detailing ‘the buzz’ from the Last Supper to the Resurrection, by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice.
See also the library pages: