Whether we like it or not, computers and their various applications are now a fact of life. Another fact is that as soon as you figure out how to use new technologies then they will change and update on you!
This where the library can help. Recognising the need for up to date information, the library has subscribed to 150 titles in the Safari Books Online electronic reference library for those with an interest in computer science. The information needs of amateur dabblers, IT professionals and programmers are all met here. Other areas covered include business and management.
Below is just a small sample of available titles:
- Creative Photoshop CS4 Digital Illustration and Art Techniques: 2009
- C++ Programming for the Absolute Beginner: 2009
- All a Twitter: a personal and professional guide to social networking with Twitter: 2009
- Learning SQL: 2009
- Sams teach yourself YouTube in ten minutes:2009
- 97 Things every Project Manager Should Know: 2009
- Microsoft Windows 7 Unleashed: 2009
- Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 How-Tos: 100 essential techniques: 2008
This easy to use electronic library is one of the many benefits of library membership. You can access this database and its titles and many other useful databases from home with your library card number and PIN through Premium Websites, or from any of our libraries.