We recorded this wrap-up at the Aotea Centre where the Commonwealth Writers’ Prize was announced.
We had two very special guests, Vanda Symon, a Dunedin crime writer, and Christos Tsiolkas, who had just been named winner of the Commonwealth Writers’ Prize. After sterling work blogging all day, Robyn was kicking her heels up at The Pussy Cat Dolls and Lady Gaga concert.
Understandably this post is a little longer, approximately 17 minutes, but we think you’ll find its worthwhile hearing our guests, who take us on quite a wide-ranging discussion.
We also hope to have some more images on flickr soon – and please keep your comments coming in.
And while we had an absolute blast last night, the coverage continuees today with a full day of sessions:
- Stevan Eldred-Grigg makes his appearance and Moata will be there
- Mohammad Hanif – who won best first book at the Commonwealth Writers’ Prize last night – will read
- Other international guests Monica Ali and Judith Thurman are on stage
- Joanne Drayton will talk about Ngaio Marsh
- A panel will gaze into the next 100 years
- Poetry readings, songwriting and more!